Glow


The glow of the florescent lights,

In the dingy bar,

Beer-spilt jeans with the day’s shopping.

I look for your eyes and only see black.

The glow of the moment,
That lasted for the first few times.
The spark, the light, the eternal radiance.
When there was laughter in our voices,
A spring in our gait.
Everything was new, everything fresh.
Just like the first summer breeze.

The echoes of escape within me.
The wanting, to let go.
Why hold on?
When it was never meant to be.

In the glow of these candles,
Burnt and low,
Crackling merrily without a care.
Of the and that is near.

Look up to the stars in the heavens,
There is no struggle.
It is as simple as dropping the dirty coin,
Into the puddle below.

I perch on the edge,
Looking down in the darkness,
I search your face for that look,
which says, "I know".

The glow of your eyes,
The truth and the guiltlessness.
Why did you believe me?
While I was only playing a game.

I had made a perfect bed.
In your arms.
I glowed in your love,
Basked in your attention.
Now I need to let it go,
without any regrets.

My persistent internal struggle,
The internal fire inside of me.
I can’t risk being with you,
Just to forget who I really am.

I'll find it again, the day after tomorrow,
not exactly, but between the now and then.
The creeping cracks of time heals all.
While I hold a white flag,and forget you
the glow will return again.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Pages

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.